Friday, December 7, 2007

A new voice??

You may have noticed that I haven't been quite as prolific over the last month and a half. Basically, October burned me out. Beowulf 1999 has helped to rejuvenate me somewhat. I actually abstained from alcohol and took notes during that one. Anyway, I've been thinking about recruiting another reviewer for a while. There has always ONLY been one person that I've had in mind. However, since Roger Ebert won't even respond to my emails, I had to settle for Dan (above, left). He's a guy with similar tastes in trashy flix, but perhaps a slightly different style and point of view. The picture above is from last years Christmas party. As you can see, Rawhead Rex crashed the shit out of it. The hope here is that Dan will push me to constantly improve and not be so god damned lazy. If his writing serves to make me look bad in comparison, then he'll be booted from the blog by January.

So, look for a Dan review. It could be this weekend. It could be next week. It could be never. At the very least, I got another posting out of it.

7 comments:

brian said...

Damn this posting is kind of selfish. Sorry Dan. Hopefully, we'll "push" each other. Wait a minute???

F-Stop said...

I look forward to hearing Dan rave about and rant against bad movies. Come on Dan.

Of course, I hope Dan's pieces are in addition to Brian's not instead of.

brian said...

Of course!

Anonymous said...

Two reviewers?!?! I'd like to see that!

steve said...

didn't I see Youtube footage of you two pushing each other? HAWT!

brian said...

Any day now Dan. Where's that 'Seminoid' review? I'll even take 'Monsturd' at this point. Ok, ok, we can write it in tandem.

brian said...

still waiting...